The best welding helmets – Our top 3 reviews. – Jackson safety W70 BH3 auto darkening Helmet. –Antara welding helmet. Lincoln welding helmet 3350 welding helmet.
Welding helmets are headgears or covers that are commonly used in welding workshops for protecting the face , eyes, neck and the entire head from welding infrared rays, flash burns , heat and ultraviolet rays.
These rays from welding points can cause damages to different parts of the body like either harming the skin, the eye retina which if advanced can cause blindness and other eye complications. Helmets are mostly used in places where arc welding activities are done; these arc welding activities may be gas metal, gas tungsten, and shielded metal arc welding.
Helmets are mostly used in places where arc welding activities are done; these arc welding activities may be gas metal, gas tungsten, and shielded metal arc welding.
Helmets help in prevention of complications like: inflaming of eyes, red eyes, retina burns and other physical harms in the workshop. Auto darkening welding helmet have a window space through which the user of the machine sees through during work as they cover the whole head. There are different materials that make the window pane of helmets which may include: tinted plastic, tinted glass and different filter made polarized lenses. All these materials aim to protect the welder.
Features of three Best Welding Helmet
Antra AH6-260-0000 – Best for the Money
- A pricey model like the Viking 3350 may not be within your budget. That’s why I included the Antra AH6-260 on this list. It is the best welding helmet for the money. When it comes to the tech specs, the AH6-260 holds its own against the Viking 3350. Let’s see how this economy model fares against our top pick.
- The major difference comes in the view size. The AH6-260’s view size is only about half as wide as the Viking 3350’s. However, for every other feature, this budget helmet “almost” matches the top pick. I say almost because the optical clarity of the Antra helmet is 1/2/1/2.
- So, it is rated below the Viking 3350 in terms of clarity and viewing angles. Both machines are extremely sensitive, and they both come with sensitivity and delay control. The shade selection range for the AH6-260 lies between 5 to 9 and 9 to 13. The light state shade is 4, which is slightly darker than the Viking’s.
- Both machines have 4 arc sensors, solar-powered operation with battery assist, auto test button, and grind mode. In terms of features, the AH6-260 offers everything the Viking 3350, albeit at a marginally lesser quality. However, the Antra AH6 is 70 percent lighter than the Viking 3350. At 16 ounces, you will hardly feel like you’re wearing a helmet.
- Now for the best part – the Antra AH6-260 is nearly 6 times cheaper than the Viking. Price-wise and feature-wise, the AH6-260 is one of the best auto darkening welding helmets on the market. But, there’s a catch. While Lincoln Electric is a well known and reputable manufacturer, Antra is not. In fact, if you compare their websites, you will see what I mean. So, I wish they gave more than a 1-year warranty. However, at this price, the risk to reward is justifiable.
- Offers nearly every feature our top pick offers
- About 6 times cheaper than the Viking 3350
- 3 and half times lighter than the Viking 3350
- Antra is not a well-known brand
- 1/2/1/2 optical clarity
- one-year warranty
Jackson Safety BH3 – High On Clarity And Protection
- The 21st century has witnessed major advancements in the world of welding tools and accessories, especially by discarding old, drab and poor quality face masks and bringing in feature-rich, convenient and user-friendly auto-darkening welding helmets.
- Jackson Safety, the name that has been doing wonders in manufacturing high-quality welding tools and accessories, is now back with another smart protective headgear for welders who can now turn long and hectic hours of welding into pleasant hours of quality work. With the best EN379 ratings, the auto-darkening filter lens of the helmet ensures optical clarity, angular dependence, varying luminous transmittance and diffusion of light. With these perks, welders will be able to enjoy crystal clear view and that also at different angles.
- What makes it a preferred option for welders is that it comes with a varying shade ranging from 9 to 13. This works as a shield and therefore protects the wearer’s eyes from those harmful ultra-violet rays during various welding works. Whether it is TIG welding, MIG welding or Arc welding, its delay and sensitivity settings will make it easier to operate in various environments and task durations.
- Furthermore, this modern helmet is high on convenience owing to its lightweight body and plastic shell of high density unlike what welders used to consider earlier. Probably, this was one of the reasons why most of them considered welding the most tedious job in the world. Now, wearers will not only have their eyes covered but also ensure equal protection to their forehead, neck, and ears as well.
- So, if you are wondering whether buying Jackson Safety BH3 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet would be called a deal, don’t wonder anymore and grab it for future use. Happy Welding!!
- Built in protection
- Easy to use
- Light in weight
- No grinding mode
Lincoln welding helmet 3350
Viewing area of black 3350 welding helmet:- The viewing area of this Lincoln welding helmet black,3350 series 3.74″ x 3.34″. As the viewing area of this welding helmet is large it provides the great facility in working.
Headband of this welding helmet does not need to lift the helmet every time – The headband is a great improvement over the old headbands in comfort and stability. The best part is you don’t have to lift the helmet every time you stop welding and flip it down to start again.
Lightweight – It is lightweight which really essential or rather important for the welder who wears it for a long period of time while doing work. The exact weight of this welding helmet is 3.2 pounds.
Quick switching time: This is a highly important part of having an auto darkening welding helmet. You need to avoid getting flashes and that’s why a fast reaction in switching from light to dark and vice versa is a useful safety feature.
- High quality optics
- Massive viewing area.
- 4c lens technology.
- Provides high quality battery life.
- A bit heavy.
Buyers guide of welding helmet
- Keep it somewhere safe when not in use. Make sure to keep your helmet in a safe place when you are not using it. Do not put it in areas where it might fall off, gather too much dust, and get wet. Also, it should definitely be kept out of children’s reach.
- Protect the helmet while in transit. Carry your welding helmet in a bag that could protect it from scratches while transporting it from one job site to another. It is important that it does not get damaged from being accidentally scratched, or from rubbing with other welding tools or hard objects while you are travelling. And although there are bags especially made to transport welding-helmets, you do not need to purchase one if your budget does not allow you to. You may use any ordinary bag but just make sure there is enough protection in the lens area of the helmet.
- Clean it up after use. Cleaning up your welding helmet by simply wiping it down, helps you keep it in good shape. The helmet has been exposed to dust and chemicals the whole day, and it would be best to wipe those off after using it. Make sure to clean the lenses inside and out.
- Inspect your helmet. Regularly check your helmet’s condition. You may do so at a certain day of the week, so you will not forget. Check if anything needs replacement, if everything functions well, if there are cracks, scratches or any type of damage that may affect its performance. Regularly monitoring your helmet puts you one step ahead of possible helmet damage or injury.
- Use only recommended cleaning products. Do not use harsh chemical cleaners and sprays not meant for cleaning your helmet. Do not use abrasive cloths that might scratch the helmet’s surface especially the lenses. Follow the manufacturer’s guide on what type of cleansers and cleaning materials can be used to clean it.
I think from our three list of best welding helmet i will prefer buyers to have Antra welding helmet for them as its price is very low and it maintains great quality.